2019 ESPY Awards: Trae Young, Kyler Murray nominations, award show details

• 0
Trae (copy)

Former Sooner Trae Young at the game against UCLA Sept. 8.

The 2019 ESPY Awards show will be held at 7 p.m. CT on Wednesday, July 10 at the Microsoft Theatre in Los Angeles. Among the nominees are Arizona Cardinals quarterback Kyler Murray and Atlanta Hawks point guard Trae Young.

Murray is nominated for Best College Athlete for his 2018-19 season as the Sooners' starting quarterback, where he received the Heisman Trophy and the Davey O'Brien Award. In his lone season as an Oklahoma starter, Murray tallied 5,362 total yards and 54 touchdowns. He was drafted No. 1 overall in the 2019 NFL Draft, almost a year after being drafted No. 9 overall in the 2018 MLB Draft by the Oakland Athletics.

Murray is nominated for the award alongside the No. 1 overall pick in the 2019 NBA Draft Zion Williamson, UCLA softball pitcher and Women's College World Series champion Rachel Garcia and Oregon point guard Sabrina Ionescu, who received the 2019 John R. Wooden Award.

Young is nominated for Best Breakthrough Athlete for his rookie season in the NBA, where he averaged 19.1 points and 8.1 assists a game. The former Sooner star tallied a 49 points 16 assists and 8 rebounds against the Chicago Bulls back in March.

Young is nominated for the award alongside New York Giants running back Saquon Barkley, Milwaukee Brewers outfielder Christian Yelich and U.S. Open and Australian Open champion Naomi Osaka.