Oklahoma football: Ohio State Alumni Association will pay more than $7,000 for pep rally

• 0
OU Helmet

The helmet worn by OU against Kansas in 2015. 

OU will receive more than $7,000 for renting out the Lloyd Noble Center to the Ohio State University Alumni Association for a pep rally before Saturday's game, according to a contract acquired through a Freedom of Information Act request.

Under the terms of the contract, the Alumni Association will pay $4,000 to rent out the arena, $2,000 to reserve 400 parking spots and $2 for every ticket sold to OU.

The Alumni Association has sold 800 tickets to the event, which is sold out. This would bring the total amount to $7,600.

The event runs from 4:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. The game starts 6:30 p.m.

An OU spokesman said earlier this week that visiting fanbases renting out out venues for events is not uncommon, with this being requested on average more than once per year. He said OU alumni do the same thing for some road games.

Jesse Pound is a journalism and economics senior and the Editor in Chief of The Daily. He has previously worked as a business intern at The Oklahoman and The San Antonio Express-News.