Victoria’s restaurant to close Campus Corner location, move to Main Street

• 1
Victoria's (copy)

Victoria's Pasta Shop's current location on Campus Corner May 29. The restaurant will move to a location on Main Street later this year.

After nearly three decades on Campus Corner, Victoria’s will relocate to downtown Norman, according to a May 25 Facebook post from Victoria’s official page.

According to the post, Victoria’s, a popular pasta restaurant, will be relocating to 215 E. Main St. The address previously housed restaurant Fancy That, which is closing according to an article from the Norman Transcript.

“It was really just the fact that this opportunity arose for us to purchase our own location and be able to remodel and do everything we want to do,” said Melissa Daugherty, a Victoria’s employee who has been at the restaurant for 10 years. “We are completely remodeling the place that we bought.”

The Campus Corner location will remain open through July, according to the post, as the new location undergoes renovations throughout the summer. Daugherty said the new location’s soft opening date is currently Aug. 1.

Daugherty said the new location will be reworked to give the restaurant more space, and planned changes include a room to host larger private parties. An existing apartment space will be repurposed into this space some time after the new location opens, Daugherty said.

“Downstairs, we’re just kind of reshaping the layout so that we have a little more area for our kitchen and our walk-ins and stuff like that for our prep people,” Daugherty said. “It won’t happen before we open, I don’t believe, but eventually what we’re going to do with that apartment is turn it into a banquet area … so people can have their own room where we can do reservations and large parties.”

With increased kitchen space, Daugherty said Victoria’s new location will be able to consistently offer menu items that were only served occasionally as specials at the Campus Corner location.

“The Oklahoma City location always has meatballs on their menu every single day, and that’s something we’ve never done,” Daugherty said. “We’re going to start having meatballs all the time. I think we’re going to start doing pizzas regularly.”

Daugherty said the support Victoria’s has received for the move has been “overwhelming,” and the restaurant is excited to be immersed in Main Street events.

“We’re really excited to be a part of art walks and Norman Music Festival, everything that’s happening downtown,” Daugherty said.

Daugherty said while the staff will miss the environment on Campus Corner, the move won’t change too much ultimately.

“We’ll miss campus immensely. We’re going to miss the game day vibes and everything like that,” Daugherty said, “but it’s just Main Street — it’s only like two miles down the road, it’s not like we’re moving to Kansas or anything.”