Updated closures related to coronavirus in the Norman area

• 0
Evans Hall (copy)

Evans Hall pictured Sept. 12, 2019.

Several OU events have been canceled or postponed due to the university’s decision to move all classes online from March 23 to April 3 to mitigate the spread of the coronavirus.

In addition to moving classes online, OU has suspended university events and activities from March 14 to April 5, with the possible exception of sporting events. 

Here is a list of all events we know for sure have been canceled or postponed. This list will be updated as more information becomes available: 

- In a tweet, OU Campus Activities Council said Sooner Scandals will be postponed and "purchased tickets will be honored to the best of our ability."

- In a tweet, Rick Smith, the National Weather Center's Norman warning coordination meteorologist, said the National Weather Center is postponing all of its tours until April 6 “in conjunction with the University of Oklahoma’s policy.”

- The Campus Activity Council’s annual Spring Family Weekend is also being postponed, but new dates were not provided, according to its website. The event was originally scheduled to take place on April 3–5. 

- The 2020 Medieval Fair of Norman, which was scheduled to take place on April 3–5, has been canceled, according to its Facebook page.

- The Fred Jones Jr. Museum of Art announced that all events, tours and performances have been canceled. The museum will still operate at normal hours despite classes being moved online, according to the museum's website

- The Sam Noble Museum of Natural History will be closed from March 14 to April 5, according to the museum's website

- In a tweet, Cher announced the cancellation of her March 12 performance at the Chesapeake Energy Arena. The singer will now perform on Sept. 18, according to the venue’s website. Micheal Bublé’s April 3 performance and Pearl Jam’s April 6 performance have been postponed as well.

- Oklahoma Contemporary Arts Center in OKC postponed the grand opening of its new location and plans to reschedule for a later date, according to the center’s website

-In a tweet, Norman Music Fest announced this year's event, originally to be held April 23–25, will be moved to Aug. 27–29.

Note: This story was updated at 6:44 p.m. March 12 to list more events. 

Sam Tonkins contributed to this report.