Students come to CAC chairs' forum despite severe weather to hear candidates' plans

• 0

About 100 students turned out to meet potential student leaders Wednesday night, despite severe storms.

At the hour-long forum, candidates for OU Campus Activities Council chair answered students' questions from Twitter and in person.

Candidates John Pham, Matt Rogers and Chloe Tadlock discussed their platforms, ways to increase diversity within CAC and the importance of gearing events to a diverse audience.

CAC cannot create relevant events if there is not adequate representation of all students within CAC, Pham said to the audience.

All three candidates expressed interest in working with minority organizations to plan future events.

Another point of discussion was leadership development.

CAC should empower and give responsibility to its members through leadership development, Tadlock said.

Candidates also discussed role changes within CAC.

Rogers emphasized the importance of CAC Crew, the council's core of volunteers, and said he has plans to change it into a mentorship program.

More information about the candidate platforms is available on their Twitter accounts:

John Pham Twitter: @JP4CAC

Matt Rogers Twitter:@ignitewithmatt

Chloe Tadlock Twitter: @ChloeforCAC

Voting will take place from March 31 to April 1.

Daisy Creager is a journalism sophomore and a news editor at The Daily. She started as a reporter at The Daily last year. She is the president of OU's chapter of the Society of Professional Journalists and interned at The Bristow News over the summer.