Student parking permits now on sale, price to remain unchanged for first time since 2014

• 0
Jenkins Garage (copy)

The Jenkins Avenue parking garage. 

Fall and spring semester parking permits are now available for students to purchase, according to a mass email from OU Parking and Transportation.

Permits can be purchased online using a credit or debit card at the OU Parking website, or can be charged to students’ Bursar account. 

Permits will be available for pick-up at Parking Services in Jenkins Avenue Parking facility after they are ordered, according to the website. They can also be mailed. 

Since 2014, OU parking permits have increased at an average rate of $18 each academic year as part of a five-year plan to help pay for the construction of parking garages on campus. According to Kris Glenn, OU Director of Parking and Transportation, the price will not increase for the 2019-2020 academic year. All permits will be $274, except for the $97 evening permit. 

Here is a list of all the parking permits available for the 2019-2020 academic year:

Housing — For incoming freshman, depending on where they stay. Housing permits provide accessibility to all parking spaces for Couch, Adams, Walker, or David L. Boren Hall.

Headington Hall — For all students living in Headington Hall, including freshman and upperclassmen. 

Priority Housing — For upperclassmen who are planning to reside in campus housing, this allows parking privileges at Hedington College, Dunham College, Couch, Adams, Walker, or David L. Boren Hall.

Timberdell Garage — For students living in Cross. These permits will not be available until September 1st. 

Commuter — For students living off campus.

Commuter Law — For graduate students attending OU Law.

One-day passes — Always available for $5 per day to park in any student lots. 

Evening — For students taking night classes. Evening permits are not valid until after 3:30 p.m.