alert top story

Republican presidential candidates Marco Rubio and Donald Trump visiting OKC Friday

• 0

The state of Oklahoma is rife with politics this week with a multitude of presidential candidates from across the political spectrum visiting the state.

Republican candidates Marco Rubio and Donald Trump have scheduled back-to-back rallies in Oklahoma City Feb. 26. Rubio will hold his rally at the Chevy Bricktown Events Center at 2 p.m. and Trump will be at the Cox Convention Center at 6 p.m.

Democratic presidential candidate Bernie Sanders visited Tulsa Feb. 24 and drew a crowd of about 6,500. He faces candidate Hillary Clinton, who has won two Democratic primaries in Iowa and Nevada, to Sanders' singular victory in New Hampshire.

Rubio has yet to win any states during this primary season, losing Iowa to Ted Cruz and New Hampshire, Nevada and South Carolina to Trump. 

Oklahoma will hold its Democratic and Republican primaries Tuesday, March 1 in what is called “Super Tuesday,” when ten states across the country vote on the same day.