Racist graph found drawn in OU's Carson Engineering Center lab

• 2
Racist graph

A racist graph drawn on a white board in a lab in the Carson Engineering Center.

A graph judging IQ by race was found drawn on a whiteboard in a lab in Carson Engineering Center.

Graduate research assistant Anisha Nijhawan discovered the graph on Tuesday afternoon, he said in an email to The Daily.

The graph is titled "Average IQ per race," and lists "(aborigines), average black person, white people and Asians." 

"I was shocked when I first saw it because I haven't personally experienced racism on campus although I remember the 2015 fraternity video," Nijhawan said. "I couldn't believe someone would draw this and just leave it up there in a classroom. I thought it was important to inform the campus community about it."

This isn't the first time displays of racism have been posted on campus. In November fliers were found in Physical Sciences Center titled "Why White Women Shouldn't Date Black Men," as well as "Race and Intelligence: the Facts."

Matt Epting, OU press secretary and special assistant to the president, gave the following statement to The Daily via email:

"As President Boren has previously made clear, messages of this nature do not reflect the values of the OU community," Epting said. "Anyone with more information about the origin may call the 24/7 Reporting Hotline at 844-428-6531."

This post was updated at 3:00 p.m. to include Epting's statement.