OUPD investigates body found inside car in Dale Hall parking lot; no affiliation between OU and deceased

Police tape

Police tape blocks off an area of cars in the Dale Hall parking lot. OUPD is investigating a body found inside a car in the lot Friday morning.

Update 11:45 a.m. Nov. 14 — The body found inside a car at in the Dale Hall parking lot Friday morning has been identified as Russell Todd Daley, according to the Norman Transcript.

Update 3:38 p.m. — Wallace said the dead body found inside of a car at the Dale Hall parking lot at OU has been identified as a 51-year-old male from the Lawton, Oklahoma, area. He also said the man has no affiliation with OU.

Update 12:33 p.m. — OU press secretary Corbin Wallace said in an email that the OUPD has identified the body and is working to notify family members. He also said OU is not aware of any correlation between the deceased and the university.

Update 11:14 a.m. — The car has been removed from the scene, along with the police tape.

The OU Police Department is investigating a body found Friday morning in a car in the Dale Hall parking lot. A dog was also found alive in the car and is being taken care of, said OUPD Maj. Bruce Chan.

A large portion of the parking lot is blocked off by police tape and cars.

Medical examiners have since removed the body from the scene.

The Daily will update this post as information is made available.

Daisy Creager is a journalism sophomore and a news editor at The Daily. She started as a reporter at The Daily last year. She is the president of OU's chapter of the Society of Professional Journalists and interned at The Bristow News over the summer.