OU student who filmed racist video removed from Tri Delta sorority

• 0
Tri Delta Sorority (copy)

OU's Tri Delta sorority building on July 9, 2018.

OU student Francie Ford is no longer a member of the OU chapter of Tri Delta after filming a racist video Friday, according to statement released via Instagram by the sorority.

According to the statement, which did not name the student, chapter leadership met and “appropriate action has been taken” that removed the student from the chapter.

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by OKLAHOMA ☆ TRI DELTA (@outridelta) on Jan 19, 2019 at 1:30pm PST

“We are deeply disappointed in the actions of the one woman associated with the Theta Gamma chapter of Tri Delta,” chapter president London Moore said in the statement. “The behavior documented in the video is abhorrent and is in no way consistent with Tri Delta’s ideals.”

Moore said the organization apologizes to students directly impacted by the video, but it recognizes that is not enough.

“Last night we met as a chapter and identified important next steps to help us move forward,” Moore said. “We, as a chapter, are committed to working alongside the Panhellenic and OU community to continue an open and honest dialogue to make strides towards change.”

The student in blackface, whom The Daily has confirmed as OU student Olivia Urban, is not a part of the sorority, a Tri Delta spokesperson previously confirmed to The Daily.

news managing editor

Jordan Miller is a journalism and political science junior serving as The Daily's news managing editor. Previously she served as The Daily's spring 2019 news editor, fall 2018 assistant visual editor and was an SGA beat reporter.