OU student and member of Delta Upsilon dies in Oklahoma City

• 1

An OU and member of Delta Upsilon student died Friday night, according to a statement from OU President David Boren and Delta Upsilon International Fraternity.

The fraternity's statement mourns Kyle O'Brien, a finance sophomore, who died in Oklahoma City Friday night.

"Delta Upsilon mourns the passing of Brother Kyle O'Brien from our Oklahoma Chapter. Our deepest sympathies are with the O'Brien family and Kyle's friends. University grief counselors have been made available for the chapter members as we begin to process this tragedy," the fraternity's statement reads. "At this time, it appears foul play was not involved. We ask that the family's privacy is respected during this difficult time and as more information is learned."

Boren's statement said the university is working with Oklahoma City authorities to learn more about the circumstances surrounding O'Brien's death.

“The university family is deeply saddened by this tragic death,” Boren said in the statement. “The university and Oklahoma City authorities are both working to obtain information about all of the circumstances. The safety of our students is a top priority of the university. Our sympathy and prayers go out to the parents, family and friends of the student who lost his life."

Oklahoma City Police are investigating a suspicious death in which a body of a man in his 20s was found at the base of a parking garage.

OKCPD Sgt. Robbie Robertson said the department found the body of a male in his late 20s at 9:50 p.m. Feb. 3 at the base of a garage on Robert S. Kerr Avenue and North Hudson Avenue.

We will update this post as more information becomes available.

Correction: This article was updated at 1:39 p.m. April 28 to include correct information for Kyle O'Brien's year.