OU professor receives national award for environmental engineering contributions

• 0
Professor David A. Sabatini

OU Professor David A. Sabatini; Sabatini was named the 2106 recipient of the National Award for Global Outreach.

An OU professor has received a national award for his leadership and dedication to improving communities through his environmental work.

Professor David A. Sabatini of OU's Gallogly College of Engineering will receive the Steven K. Dentel award for "outstanding contributions and demonstrated leadership through involvement in environmental engineering and science outreach activities to the global community," according to a press release.

Sabatini will accept the award on Sept. 26 at the annual Water Environment Federation's Technical Exhibition and Conference in New Orleans.

This marks the third time the award has been given. It was earned in large part as a result of Sabatini's work within the OU Water Center. The goal of the OU Water Center is to "promote peace by advancing health, education and economic development through sustainable water and sanitation solutions for impoverished regions," according to the center's website.

"I am pleased that the OU Water Center has gained such a strong national reputation for global outreach," Sabatini said. "This would not have been possible without the unwavering support from OU."

OU president David Boren said in a statement that Sabatini has earned the award.

"Dr. Sabatini has a well-deserved international reputation for environmental engineering," Boren said. "The University is very fortunate that he is a member of our family."