OU Norman campus closes early Wednesday for possibility of severe weather

• 0
Dunham full view (copy)

Dunham College on Aug. 22, 2017.

The OU Norman campus closed at 3:30 p.m. Wednesday due to the possibility of severe weather.

The university released an OU Alert shortly before 3:30 p.m. announcing the closure.

OU Emergency Preparedness tweeted at 2:37 p.m. that a tornado watch would be in effect until 10 p.m.

OU Housing & Food tweeted that the Residential Colleges' dining hall will be open from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m., but all other campus dining locations will be closed.

The closure and chance of severe weather follow an all-day closure Monday due to risk of severe weather.

Scott Kirker is a letters and Spanish senior and summer editor-in-chief of The Daily. Previously he worked as a news reporter covering research and administrative searches.

Support the independent journalism OU needs

Then perhaps you’d like to help fund our endeavors. Around the world, communities are grappling with what journalism is worth and how to fund the civic good that robust news organizations can generate. We believe The OU Daily and Crimson Quarterly magazine provide real value to this community both now by covering OU, and tomorrow by helping launch the careers of media professionals.

If you’re able, please support us today for as little as $1. You can make a one-time donation or a recurring pledge.