OU has paid Jones Day over $1 million on two investigations, The Oklahoman reports

• 0
Jones Day Logo (copy)

Jones Day is the law firm hired by the University of Oklahoma to investigate alleged sexual misconduct by former OU President David Boren and former administrator Tripp Hall.

OU has paid the Jones Day law firm $1,030,000 for investigations into sexual harassment allegations into former OU President David Boren and misreporting of information to U.S. News & World Report, The Oklahoman reported Wednesday.

The latest payment — for $376,558 — was made Tuesday, The Oklahoman reported.

The Oklahoman also reported it has learned new information on one of "The Six Witnesses" referenced in the Jones Day report, part of which was made public May 28:

One account dates back almost 40 years, to when Boren first served in the U.S. Senate, The Oklahoman has learned.

Read the full story from The Oklahoman here.

Support the independent journalism OU needs

Then perhaps you’d like to help fund our endeavors. Around the world, communities are grappling with what journalism is worth and how to fund the civic good that robust news organizations can generate. We believe The OU Daily and Crimson Quarterly magazine provide real value to this community both now by covering OU, and tomorrow by helping launch the careers of media professionals.