OU College of Law ranks in legal website's top 50 law schools

• 0
OU College of Law (copy)

The OU College of Law, July 2014

OU’s College of Law has been ranked 44th in the nation out of more than 200 other law schools by Above the Law’s2019 Top 50 Law School Rankings. 

OU Law’s spot on the website’s list is based on the outcome of the Class of 2018, including employment and tuition costs, according to a press release from OU Law. It is the only law school in Oklahoma to be ranked among the top 50 schools.

“This recognition is a testament to the hard work of our outstanding faculty and dedicated staff, who empower our students to achieve their personal and professional goals,” interim OU Law Dean Katheleen Guzman said in the press release. “We’re also very proud that our tuition is 23% below the average public law school, and our resident tuition is the lowest of all Big 12 law schools.”  

For two consecutive years, National JuristMagazine has labeled OU Law a Top 10 Best Value Law School, and OU has placed in the magazine’s Best Value Law School rankings for the last 10 years, according to the press release. 

According to the law school information aggregating website Law School Transparency, OU Law kept a 95 percent bar passage rate for graduates from 2010 to 2018. OU Law’s postgraduate employment increased from 60 percent to 75 percent in that same time, according to the site.