OU chooses faculty members to search for 3 new deans

• 0
Gallogly Regents Meeting

OU President James Gallogly attends a Board of Regents meeting at the OU Armory March. 13.

The OU administration has selected faculty members to search for three colleges’ deans.

The College of International Studies, the College of Engineering and the College of Business are all seeking a dean, and committees have started forming. At its last meeting, the OU Board of Regents officially approved two-thirds of these committees — the College of Business search committee is still unconfirmed, according to the May 6 Faculty Senate agenda.

Here are the committee appointments so far, according to the agenda:

College of International Studies:

• David Wrobel (chair), College of Arts and Sciences dean

• Charles Kenney, political science

• Joshua Landis, international and area studies

• Evelyn Aswasd, law

• Harold Mortimer, musical theater

College of Engineering:

• Kyle Harper (chair), OU provost and senior vice president

• Amy Cerato, civil engineering and environmental science

• Jeff Harwell, chemical/biological/materials engineering

• Michael Detamore, biomedical engineering

• Cengiz Altan, aerospace and mechanical engineering

• Ann West, chemistry and biochemistry

College of Business:

• Robert Lifset, honors college (awaiting Board of Regents approval)

• Rest of committee also awaiting board approval

Provost Kyle Harper announced in an April 2 email the search committee for the College of International Studies will have nine members. To read more about the CIS committee’s requirements, click here. It is unknown how many members the other two committees will have.

A search committee is also forming for vice provost of instruction and student success. Alisa Fryar, a political science faculty member, and Ulli Nollert, an engineering faculty member, have been appointed. Jill Irvine, the interim CIS dean and vice provost for faculty, will also serve on the committee, which Harper will chair.