breaking featured

OU carrying out ongoing reduction in force affecting approximately 75 employees, sources tell The Daily

• 0
Evans Hall (copy) (copy)

Evans Hall May 29.

OU is carrying out a reduction-in-force Thursday afternoon, with personnel cuts taking place in currently unspecificed areas.

Sources have told The Daily that approximately 75 layoffs will affect multiple departments across all three campuses.

The new layoffs continue efforts to cut costs at OU — on Nov. 1, former OU President James Gallogly announced 50 staff positions would be cut to reduce costs and address OU’s debt. Gallogly made personnel changes among top administrative positions, notably former OU vice president for alumni and development JP Audas and former OU Vice President Tripp Hall. Gallogly also closed several research offices as part of his savings plan.

The Daily is working to confirm departments affected and will provide information as it becomes available. Community members with information are encouraged to contact The Daily at dailynews@ou.edu

Last week, interim OU President Joseph Harroz told The Daily, “We have to get the financial piece in place where we can grow and flourish. There is absolutely a painful component of that. There’s no way to achieve what we want to achieve as an institution and not go through change – and change is really difficult.”

This post has been corrected to indicate sources have told The Daily this information, rather than the university.