OU Board of Regents discusses ongoing personnel investigation in executive session, says OU President James Gallogly not involved

• 0
Leslie Rainbolt-Forbes

Vice-chairman Leslie Rainbolt-Forbes listens to OU president James Gallogly speak at the Board of Regents meeting Oct. 24.

The OU Board of Regents met Wednesday in an executive session “to discuss personnel investigation(s),” and would not comment on whether or not the investigation was into sexual harassment allegations against former OU President David Boren.

Leslie Rainbolt-Forbes, chair of the board, read a statement after the meeting adjourned to say she could not comment on any of the unresolved personnel issues.

On Feb. 13, The Oklahoman reported that the university hired the Jones Day law firm to investigate sexual harassment allegations against Boren. University spokesperson Lauren Brookey confirmed at the time that the university had hired the firm, but could not say what or who the firm was investigating.

Rainbolt-Forbes confirmed Wednesday that OU President James Gallogly, who was not present, has nothing to do with the investigation.

“What I specifically want to do is affirm this board’s complete support of Jim Gallogly as president of the university,” Rainbolt-Forbes said. “And also let me make it clear that he did not initiate, nor is he involved in, this investigation, which is being conducted by an independent third party.”

Rainbolt-Forbes said no regent could comment on any questions regarding the investigation in order to protect any parties involved.

“Our goal is to ensure the investigation’s integrity, and any comment would be highly inappropriate,” Rainbolt-Forbes said. “The investigation will be unbiased, thorough and won’t be rushed.”

Jana Hayes is a senior reporter on The Daily's news desk. She is a journalism senior and has worked at The Daily since her freshman year, having held several reporter and editor positions on both the news and enterprise desks.