OU Black Emergency Response Team releases statement encouraging community inclusion in presidential selection process

• 0
Miles Francisco (copy)

BERT co-director Miles Francisco speaks in front of the Union during the Better Together March on Jan. 24.

OU's Black Emergency Response Team released a statement advising the OU Board of Regents to hold a transparent search process and listen to the voices of "stakeholders from all realms of campus."

BERT released the statement on Twitter Wednesday afternoon after delivering the statement to an official of the regents, according to the tweet.

The statement comes after the OU Board of Regents scheduled a special meeting Thursday night for "discussion and consideration of, and/or the designation or appointment to" the university presidency.

Support the independent journalism OU needs

Then perhaps you’d like to help fund our endeavors. Around the world, communities are grappling with what journalism is worth and how to fund the civic good that robust news organizations can generate. We believe The OU Daily and Crimson Quarterly magazine provide real value to this community both now by covering OU, and tomorrow by helping launch the careers of media professionals.

If you’re able, please support us today for as little as $1. You can make a one-time donation or a recurring pledge.

Scott Kirker is a letters and Spanish senior and summer editor-in-chief of The Daily. Previously he worked as a news reporter covering research and administrative searches.