Norman to get new food truck park on Main Street

• 3
Office park plans

Norman dentist Gabriel Bird's plans for his new office at 221 West Main Street, which will include a lot for food trucks.

Main Street will soon be home to a new food truck park after Norman’s City Council approved a local dentist’s plans to open a new office with an adjacent truck lot.

Gabriel Bird’s rezoning plan for 221 West Main Street will transform the space, currently an unused lumber yard, into a three-floor building with a dentist office on the second floor, a roof deck and a space for multiple food trucks to park, according to Bird’s rezoning application to the city council. The council approved Bird's application at its Nov. 28 meeting.

The property proposal notes the project’s potential to increase Norman’s green space with Bird's development of the property, which is in Norman Old Town. Bird’s application also notes his intent “to dramatically transform the Property into a leading example of Center City revitalization,” and to help “spark a new era of development and variety of uses to the downtown setting.”

See more of Bird's proposal and plans for the property below: