Norman representatives assigned House committees, subcommittees for upcoming legislative session

• 0
Oklahoma Capitol building (copy)

A crowd gathers outside the Oklahoma Capitol on March 4, 2017. 

Committee and subcommittee assignments were announced Thursday by Oklahoma Speaker of the House Charles McCall announced committee and subcommittee assignments for the 57th Legislative session.

Norman’s three representatives have been assigned a number of different committees for the new session.

House Minority Leader Emily Virgin, D-Norman, first elected in 2011, will be on a total of four committees: Administrative Rules, Appropriations and Budget, Energy and Natural Resources, and Higher Education and Career Tech.

Rep. Jacob Rosecrants, D-Norman, first elected in a 2017 special election and re-elected in the 2018 election, will serve on three committees: Common Education, Insurance, and Wildlife. He will also be on the Appropriations and Budget Education Subcommittee.

Rep. Merleyn Bell, D-Norman, will be on two committees: Energy and Natural Resources and Veterans and Military Affairs. She will also be on the Appropriations and Budget Finance Subcommittee and the Appropriations and Budget Natural Resources and Regulatory Services Subcommittee.

Bell is a new Norman representative, elected in the 2018 midterms after campaigning on a platform of public education and criminal justice reform.