New acting vice presidents of various OU departments appointed after President Gallogly's executive changes

• 2
Evans Hall

Evans Hall's main entrance on University of Oklahoma's Norman campus.

With the onset of OU President James Gallogly’s executive restructuring initiative, three women are now the interim vice presidents of various OU departments, replacing the men who held the positions.

Jill Hughes, Kristen Partridge and Erin Yarbrough have taken over the respective positions of Tripp Hall, Clarke Stroud and Rowdy Gilbert, according to a flow chart attached to an OU press release. Hughes is now the acting vice president for university development, Partridge is the acting vice president for student affairs and Yarbrough is the acting senior associate vice president for public affairs.

The university will hold a national recruitment search to fill these vice president positions permanently, according to the press release — the women were appointed on an “interim basis to ensure continuity of operations during the recruitment effort.”

All the appointed women held previous executive positions at OU. Hughes was the executive director of development for the Gallogly College of Engineering, Partridge was the associate vice president for student affairs and Yarbrough was the web communications associate vice president.

While Stroud left his position in student affairs to direct football operations at the university, what the future holds for Gilbert and Hall is uncertain.

The release said the restructuring was a chance to hire new talent for the university, thanked Gilbert and five others for their time at OU and gave no further details. The nature of Hall’s removal and his current position at OU — if any — is unclear.