James Gallogly announces executive hires for dean of students, chief human resources officer

• 1
Gallogly

OU President James Gallogly speaks during OU's Annual Holiday Lights at Burr Park Nov. 28.

OU President James Gallogly announced his recommendation for OU's new vice president of student affairs and dean of students, as well as his choice for the university's next chief human resources officer. 

According to an OU Info email Gallogly sent to the OU community, David Surratt is currently the assistant vice chancellor and associate dean of students at the University of California at Berkeley while Jacquelyn Wolf has served in a number of human resource positions in the private sector including at LyondellBasell while Gallogly was CEO of that company. 

Surratt, who received his undergraduate degree at OU, has served in administrative roles at Pennsylvania State University, St. Peter’s University, Rosemont College and UC Berkeley. Surratt also received a master's in human relations while at OU and a doctorate of education at George Washington University, according to the email. 

Surratt will take over as vice president of student affairs and dean of students after Clarke Stroud moved from dean of students to director of football operations last June. 

Wolf has served in executive positions at Anthem Healthcare, Celanese Corporation and Comerica. She has also served in positions at General Motors, General Electric and Honeywell international, according to the email.

According to her Linkedin page, Wolf served as chief human resources officer at LyondellBasell from 2012 to 2017, overlapping with Gallogly's time as CEO of that company from 2009 to 2015. Gallogly previously proposed at the October Board of Regents meeting that Wolf serve as an ex officio member of various administrative search committees at his discretion. 

Wolf is set to start in her new position effective Jan. 7, while Surratt will not begin until Feb. 11, according to the email.