Interim OU President Joseph Harroz to address incoming freshmen at welcome ceremony

• 2
Joe Harroz (copy)

Interim OU President Joe Harroz serves food at Sooner Orientation Weekend Aug. 15.

OU will hold its Class of 2023 Welcome Ceremony Aug. 18, where Interim OU President Joseph Harroz and other university leaders will address the incoming freshman class.

The ceremony will begin at 7 p.m. in the Gaylord Family-Oklahoma Memorial stadium, according to a university press release. Vice President for Student Affairs and Dean of Students David Surratt and Student Government Association President Adran Gibbs will also speak at the event.

Prior to the official ceremony, the Class of 2023 Kick-Off will start at 6:30, where incoming freshman will take a class photo on Owen Field and meet the university mascots with free food provided.

According to the release, Harroz will announce the “record-setting” enrollment numbers of OU’s Class of 2023 and provide details on the university’s marketing campaign for the upcoming academic year.