Interim OU President Joseph Harroz announces human resources leadership change

• 2
Evans Hall (copy)

Evans Hall's main entrance on University of Oklahoma's Norman campus.

Interim OU President Joseph Harroz released a letter to the OU community on Thursday announcing a leadership change in OU’s human resources department.

“I am committed to ensuring an environment for our employees that fosters creativity, innovation, and service on behalf of our students,” Harroz wrote. “In the past month, with this goal in mind, I have been reviewing the structure of our Human Resources department to ensure it is strongly positioned to support our employees.” 

In the letter, Harroz announced that Angela Church, who has worked as a human resources professional at OU’s Norman campus and the OU Health Sciences Center, will be appointed senior associate vice president of human resources.

Church replaces Jackie Wolf, who was previously OU’s senior vice president of human resources.

While at OU, Jackie assisted with the transition for two presidents and supported search committees, including those for the vice president of student affairs and dean of students and for the chief operations officer,” Harroz wrote. “Jackie has agreed to provide her assistance and significant expertise to Angela in support of a smooth transition, which began this week.”

Harroz concluded the letter asking the community to extend “congratulations and encouragement” to Church as she takes the new position, and to “share appreciation” for Wolf’s time at OU.