Former OU Vice President Tripp Hall terminated in Nov. 1 layoffs

• 0
Tripp Hall

Tripp Hall, former vice president of university development, confirmed that he was terminated in the Nov. 1 staff layoffs. 

Hall is one of roughly 50 employees let go on Thursday, Nov. 1. After OU President James Gallogly officially took charge of the university July 2, Hall was demoted from his position as vice president and has since worked in the Office of University Development. 

Hall earned a bachelor's degree in journalism from OU in 1986. He was on former OU President David Boren's staff when Boren served as a U.S. senator until he came to OU in 1994 to serve as a special assistant to then-President Boren. In 2008, Hall was named vice president for university development and previously served in leadership positions in alumni affairs and development. 

The layoffs also included JP Audas, another longtime university employee who served throughout Boren's university administration.

Kayla Branch is a journalism senior and The Daily's enterprise editor. Previously, she has been the editor-in-chief, a news editor and covered the student government as a reporter.