Campus Corner debuts seven new businesses this fall

• 2
Campus Corner

Campus Corner on Aug 31. The Norman classic will welcome several new restaurant and shopping choices in coming weeks.

Starting this fall, seven new businesses will be moving to Campus Corner.

The opening dates for many of these businesses have not been announced, but the influx of new shops and restaurants will have a positive effect on the area, said Erin Patton, executive director for the Campus Corner Association. 

“Campus Corner is a destination,” Patton said. “Our customers come down to experience the area, and so when we’re full and have plenty of choices to choose from, the customers are able to spend more time down there and have an actual experience as opposed to just running in just to… a stand-alone store by itself and running back out.”

Here is a preview of what to expect this semester:

Opolis Clothing

Opolis Clothing is a vintage t-shirt company that was founded in Norman in 2007, according to its website. Its shirts are designed and printed in Oklahoma and made in the U.S. It currently has a location in Midtown Oklahoma City, and its Campus Corner location will be at 320 White Street, set to open on Sept. 1. 

Frosty’s Rolled Ice Cream

Frosty’s will be Norman’s first Thai-inspired ice cream shop, according to its Facebook page. It will serve ice cream made with fresh ingredients, rolled on a skillet into individual rolls and topped with fruit, candy and more. It will be located at 321 White St. 

The Porch

The Porch will be a two-story bar and restaurant with a rooftop patio. There will be games and live music, and it will serve sandwiches, nachos and “adult iced teas,” according to its Facebook page. It will be located at 311 West Boyd Street and will host an “Inaugural Front Porch Party” Sept. 2. While the establishment is not open yet, the party will coincide with the first football game. 

Kong’s Tavern

Kong’s is a bar and restaurant known for its alcoholic milkshakes and games that will be in the Campus Corner spot Brothers previously occupied. Every week, it has Nacho Taco Tuesday, “So You Think You Can Sing Karaoke” Wednesday, rotating DJs on Friday and Saturday and industry night on Sunday, according to its website. It currently has a location in Midtown Oklahoma City. 

Skinny Slim’s

Skinny Slim’s will be a sports bar and “the premier place to watch footy (soccer) in Norman,” according to its Twitter page. It will have over 60 beers and a number of liquors in addition to a small food menu, according to its Facebook page. It will be located at 320 White St., taking up the other side of the building Opolis Clothing occupies. 

Chixs & Styxs

Chixs & Styxs will be a restaurant and bar serving wings and more, according to its Facebook page. It will have live music and be located at 529 Buchanan Ave. 

Insomnia Cookies

Insomnia Cookies is a bakery chain delivering warm cookies and ice cream cookie sandwiches from 10 a.m. to 3 a.m. daily, according to its website. It will be located at 758 Asp Ave. 

Hannah Pike is a journalism and economics sophomore and a senior news reporter covering the administration. Previously, she was a junior news reporter and covered academic colleges.