OU President David Boren announced Monday the appointment of a new Physical Plant director and a new name for the department.

Brian Ellis, a logistical expert who previously worked for a Texas residential and commercial construction company and as manager of a Montana central freight terminal, has been named the new director of the Department of Facilities Management, effective Monday.

“Brian Ellis is an excellent professional with very strong leadership skills,” Boren said in a news release. “I am confident that he will continue the high standards of performance set for many years by our Physical Plant employees. To recognize the professionalism of our entire staff, we are changing the title of Physical Plant to the Department of Facilities Management."

Ellis is responsible for interacting with internal and external personnel relative to new construction and major capital projects, and is responsible for the commissioning of new and renovated facilities, according to the release. He is also charged with managing overall operations and associated budgets, and overseeing the upkeep of buildings and related mechanical equipment.