'Better Together' march scheduled for Jan. 24 following second blackface incident

• 2
Diversity is Not a Buzzword

A sign reads "Diversity is NOT just a Buzzword" at the Rally to Stop Racism Jan. 22.

A Facebook event has been organized to march in order to bring awareness to issues of racism on campus. 

Students will start marching at Dale Hall to Evans Hall and finally speaking in the Union Food Court. Marchers are encouraged to wear all black, according to the Facebook event.

The information section of the Facebook event encourages participants to wear black and says that the march will be peaceful. 

"In the wake of recent events, the University of Oklahoma administration needs to take immediate action on tackling the issues of hate, racism, and injustice towards minorities on our campus," the event page reads. 

The event will take place nearly a week after two OU students were involved in a racist video in which one used blackface was circulated on social media and a day after an unknown individual walked around campus in blackface. 

This post was updated after the original Facebook post change the location and name of the march.