COLUMN: Match your music with your mood, alcoholic drink
Just like throwing on a scarf when it’s cool out, or wearing a tank top when it’s warm, you can now pair your music with your mood or favorite alcoholic beverage.
Stereomood is a “free emotional Internet radio” that provides playlists for almost any mood or activity. The home page bestows a giant tag cloud that lists moods such as, “dreamy,” “lost in thought,” “good karma,” “summer” and “chill.” It also lists activities like, “just woke up,” “it’s raining,” “reading,” “studying” and “make love.” Whatever you’re doing, or however you’re feeling, there’s music to accompany you.
Drinkify, “created in twenty-four boozy hours,” can answer one question for you: “What should I drink?” Drinkify never wants you to drink alone, so they suggest which booze can best accompany you and your music. Users simply type in the name of a band or artist and are instantly directed to a page that begins to play their music, shows a photo of them and makes a tasty suggestion to match your ear buds with your taste buds. Cheers.
My Own Stereomood Suggested Playlist
For a Sunny Day on Campus
- “Punching in a Dream” — The Naked and Famous
- “New Slang” — The Shins
- “Young Folks” — Peter Bjorn and John
- “Fire it Up” — Modest Mouse
- “Bizness” — Tune-Yards
- “Something Good Can Work” — Two Door Cinema Club
- “Campus” — Vampire Weekend
- “Rawnald Gregory Erickson The Second” — Starfucker
- “Tongue-tied” — Grouplove
- “World News” — Local Natives
- “Floating (Time isn’t Working My Side)” — Portugal. The Man.
- “Midnight City” — M83
Top Drinkify Recommendations
- “The Paramore”- 1 PBR. Serve cold.
- “ The Nirvana”- 10 oz. marijuana. Serve neat. Garnish with pickled carrot sticks.
- “The Death Cab for Cutie”- 12 oz. beer, 12 oz. Monster Energy Drink, 10 oz. Bitters. Combine in highball glass and serve. Stir quickly.
- “The Toby Keith”- 8 oz. Maker’s Mark Bourbon. Serve neat. Garnish with shrimp.
- “The OFWGKTA”- 1 bottle Rum, F*cking Rum, 1 bottle Honey, 4 oz. Worcestershire sauce. Combine in highball glass and serve. Garnish with twist of grapefruit.
Norman Drinkify Recommendations
Camille Harp (@ the Deli) 1 oz. microbrew served neat and stirred vigrously
The Surogate Band (@the Opolis) 1 bottle of pinot noir served room temp
The Locust Avenue (@the Opolis) 1 Rolling rock served cold
Craig Morgan (@Riverwind Casino) 10 oz. gin on the rocks garnished with asparagus and a pickle
The Damn Quails (@the Deli) 10 oz. Damson gin served on the rocks. Stir vigorously and garnish with an orange