Weekend roundup: Students can attend concerts, art exhibition or Oscar watch party

• 0
Annie Oakley

Members of Annie Oakley perform during their album debut kickstarter at the Blue Door in Oklahoma City Aug. 17. 

As classes start to buckle down and midterm season begins, the weekend becomes a safe haven where students can relax and let loose after a stressful week. Here’s a list of fun activities to do around Norman this weekend.

1. The Annie Oakley concert: The Oklahoma based folk band The Annie Oakley will play at 8 p.m., Feb. 22, at The Factory Showroom in Norman. The all-girl band released its first album “Words We Mean” last October. Tickets are $10, and OU students can get free stickers.

2. Tickets for Snoop Dogg: Tickets went on sale at 10 a.m., Friday, Feb. 22, for Snoop Dogg’s Tulsa concert, which will be April 12, at the BOK Center. Nelly, Chromeo and Kryoman will also perform. Tickets prices range from $52.50 to $92.50 and can be purchased through the venue’s website.

3. “Oklahoma is Black” exhibition: Artist Tatyana Fazlalizadeh’s first major art exhibition opened Feb. 21, at the Oklahoma Contemporary Arts Center. The exhibit features portraits of black residents in the OKC area combined with quotes about racism. The arts center is open from 9 a.m. to 10 p.m., Monday-Saturday and from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m., Sunday.

4. “Lift Every Voice and Sing!” concert: The OU Chorale will perform a concert to celebrate Black History month at 3 p.m., Feb. 24, at the Catlett Music Center. The music features works by classical composers and modern gospel songs. Tickets are $10 at the door.

5. Union Programming Board's Oscar watch party: The 91st Oscars will air Feb. 24, and the UPB will host a watch party at 6:30 p.m., in the Associates room, on the third floor of the Oklahoma Memorial Union. The party will have games and free food.