Weekend concerts in Norman, OKC metro for Sooners to rock out at

• 0
Flock 2

Flock of Pigs performs at the Budweiser Depot Stage during the second day of Norman Music Festival April 27.

This weekend the Norman/OKC Metro will be swarming with bands performing at local venues. From rap music to rock, there is something for everyone to check out this weekend.

1. Flock of Pigs

Flock of Pigs is an experimental hip-hop group from Norman. They have an upcoming show at Opolis, which they are calling “Back to School Jam.” Guys on a Bus and Stafre and the Hitones will be the openers for the show. The show is 18+ and will be $10 at the door. This concert will be at 10 p.m. on Jan. 18.

2. Young Culture and The Happy Alright

Young Culture and The Happy Alright will perform Jan. 18 as well. These two pop-rock bands will take the stage at 89th Street Collective, a small OKC venue. Ben Quad, Brooding, and My Heart and Liver are the Best of Friends will also perform. This event costs $12 at the door ($10 in advance) and is an all ages show. It will be at 6:30 p.m..

3. Mad Honey

Mad Honey is an OKC-based dream pop/alternative band. They will perform at Opolis alongside Laine and Pigments. Both openers are also from Oklahoma. The show is open to all ages. Entry costs $7 for those under the age of 21 ($5 for 21+). The show starts at 9 p.m. on Jan. 19.

4. Ski Mask the Slump God

Ski Mask the Slump God is a rapper who found fame through his soundcloud account. He will perform at The Criterion, located in Oklahoma City. Tickets cost anywhere from $25 to $110. Doors will open at 7 p.m. on Jan 19.