Vampire Weekend to perform in OKC, Dallas on upcoming tour

• 0
Vampire Weekend Tour

Vampire Weekend to perform in OKC, Dallas on upcoming tour. 

Vampire Weekend released dates for its longest tour ever, the band's first tour in four years, to perform its upcoming album, “Father of the Bride.”

Running May 17 through Oct. 8, the Father of the Bride tour will stop in Oklahoma City and Dallas in addition to several music festivals, including Austin City Limits.

“I know that 5-6 years is considered a long time between records,” lead singer Ezra Koenig said on an Instagram post announcing the album. “Personally, I think it’s a dignified pace befitting a band that’s already placed three albums in stores but everyone has their own sense of time,” the singer alludes to the band's song “Hannah Hunt.”

“Father of the Bride” is the band’s first album in six years since “Modern Vampires of the City,” which received the Grammy for “Best Alternative Album” in 2014. The band's self-titled debut album, which received much praise after its release in 2008, was recently certified platinum in the United States. 

The band released two new songs, “Harmony Hall” and “2021,” on Jan. 24. Koenig shared on his Instagram on Jan. 17 that the band plans to release two new songs in February and March leading up to the release of the album projected to be April, but according to Koenig, plans can change.

Vampire Weekend will perform Aug. 16, at the Criterion in Oklahoma City and Aug. 18, at The Pavilion at Toyota Music Factory in Dallas.

Tickets go on sale to the general public beginning noon, Feb. 8. Fans can register until noon Feb. 3 eastern time for the Verified Fan presale through Ticketmaster to ensure their tickets. Fans who have received a code will have access to the presale which opens at noon, Feb. 5, and ends 10 a.m., Feb. 7. All U.S. residents who purchase tickets online will also receive a CD copy of the upcoming album.

Alma Cienski is a modern dance performance and public relations junior and a culture reporter for The Daily.