Norman's Guestroom Records to participate in Record Store Day

• 0
Record Store Day

Record Store Day will be held at record stores across the country April 13.

Guestroom Records will offer special releases on national Record Store Day April 13.

Guestroom Records in Norman will offer 400 special record releases April 13. These records will be 7-inch, 12-inch or full-length records only available the day of.

International Record Store Day was founded in 2008 with the mission to celebrate the culture of the independently owned record store. This year, Record Store Day is on April 13, and Guestroom Records will offer their one-time deals from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m.

“One of the things we know will be pretty hot is the Weezer ‘Teal’ album, which is their cover record,” said Will Muir, manager of the store. “There will be a lot of movie soundtracks from the 90’s, such as ‘Coneheads’ and ‘The Crow.’”

The store will also have the Crosley RSD3 turntable available for purchase, which no store has ever sold before, he said. Record Store Day is the kickoff date for record stores to sell this newly created turntable. It only plays 3-inch records and is priced at $60. Purchasing this turntable includes the Foo Fighters’ “Big Me” record, Muir said.

Guestroom Records put in a special order for these items that are not a part of their regular products.

Muir said at previous events the store has gotten close to selling out.

“(Customers) have lined up as early as 7 p.m. the night before, but usually the line starts really building around 6:30 a.m. that morning,” Muir said.

Muir said he recommends arriving to the store before they open at 11 a.m. because quantities are limited.

Guestroom Records in Norman is located at 125 E. Main St.