Norman Music Fest: What to wear to blend in or stand out

• 0
The BIg News

The Big News performs at the Budweiser Depot Stage during the third day of Norman Music Festival April 28.

While Norman Music Festival isn’t Coachella, it is still the perfect time to break out your fun spring clothes.

Here is our guide of what to wear at Norman Music Fest to blend in or stand out:

1.) Shorts are a must. If you know Norman, you know that late spring can get HOT. Make your Norman Music Fest experience a little less sweaty and wear denim shorts.

Blend in? Wear some basic cut-offs; not everything needs to be a statement piece.

Stand out! Wear patterned or colored shorts to bring more color to your Norman Music Fest look. You can find affordable options for this at Target.

2.) Reconstruct what you already have. Instead of buying multiple outfits for Norman Music Fest, look around your own closet and repurpose items you haven’t worn in forever. Nothing screams “music festival” like a cut-up vintage tee.

Blend in? Stick to vintage-feeling neutrals.

Stand out! Fill your NMF outfits with color! Show off your style and personality with lots of spring shades.

3.) Sunscreen matches every look. Oklahoma weather can be erratic to say the least, so make sure you are prepared for the sun to shine (even if the forecast says otherwise). Make sure to wear sunscreen all day and reapply between concerts. You don’t want to stand out with a bright red sunburn, so blend in the sunscreen!

4.) Comfortable shoes are the only option. Norman Music Fest has stages all around Main Street, and you may be walking around all day. Leave the heels at home and break out some fun sandals or sneakers you’ve been saving since last spring.  If you are wearing a new pair of shoes, try and break them in before the weekend to avoid blisters that will last for weeks.

Blend in? Your perfectly broken-into Vans and Converse are always a good idea.

Stand out! Find a pair of gladiator or flatform sandals — everyone will be asking where you got them.

5.) Want a whole new outfit for NMF? Thrift stores are definitely the place to shop! That way you will have a completely original outfit without buying a fast-fashion outfit you will only wear once. Some thrift stores around Norman include Donate a Miracle, Outreach Thrift Store and Thrift Nation.

Blend in? Thrift pieces you know you will wear all summer — basics are always a necessity.

Stand out! Find a wild outfit at the thrift store, and if you can’t see yourself wearing it again, take it back to the thrift store so another person can make it their own.

Norman Music Fest will be April 25-27 on Main Street.