Norman Music Fest organizers ask for more volunteers to help with festival activities

• 0
Norman Music Fest logo

Norman Music Fest will be April 25-27 in the Walker Arts District in downtown Norman. 

Norman Music Fest organizers are asking for volunteers to help with festival activities. 

The annual free three-day music festival is right around the corner, starting April 25. The festival is put on by Norman Music Alliance LLC with the help of local business sponsors, food vendors and more.

Festival organizers are asking for a couple dozen volunteers to help with day-of festival activities throughout the festival, such as merchandise, stage hands, hospitality and more, said Stefanie Brickman, festival volunteer coordinator. 

There are currently 125-130 volunteers signed up, and the festival hopes to have around 200 volunteers, which is the amount they had last year and the most volunteers the festival has had, Brickman said. 

All volunteers will receive a free Norman Music Fest commemorative T-shirt, snacks and bathroom access, Brickman said. 

"Volunteering for the festival helps us present the festival," Brickman said. "You won't miss out on too much music if you're willing to help us out."

Brickman said the shifts are not labor intensive and last three to four hours. Volunteer shifts include assisting with merchandise sales, setting up food and cleanup in the VIP sections, setting up for various performances and more, she said. 

Those interested in volunteering are asked to visit the Norman Music Fest website and fill out the registration form online. Upon submitting the form, the festival volunteer office will reach out with specific details, Brickman said.  

Those with questions about volunteering should contact volunteers@normanmusicfestival.com 

Assistant culture editor

Abigail Hall is a journalism junior and assistant culture editor at The Daily. She previously worked as an arts & entertainment reporter.