Norman Music Fest: Everything you need to know before attending festival

• 0
Norman Music Fest map 2019

Norman Music Fest, a free music festival located in Norman's Walker Arts District, begins April 25 and ends April 27. 

Norman Music Festival, the free, three-day festival celebrating local music, features performers from different genres in both indoor and outdoor venues.

Although Norman Music Fest is free and fun for all, there are safety procedures that must occur to keep everyone safe while enjoying the sounds of Norman.

Here is a list of what to expect and how to prepare for the upcoming festival:

Events

In addition to the scheduled artists, Norman Music Fest has so much to offer, including a food court, located on the corner of Gray Street and Crawford Avenue across from the Opolis Outdoor Stage. 

The carnival, presented by the Norman Lions Club, includes a Ferris wheel, rides, games and other activities. Though the carnival is not run by Norman Music Fest directly, it is conveniently located on Main Street on the west side of the train tracks near the Brewhouse Stage.

A first aid station is located on the corner of Main Street and Peters Avenue.

What not to bring

According to their website, the following are not allowed on the festival grounds:

• Outside alcohol, food or beverages

• Fireworks or any explosives

• Illegal substances of any kind

• Carts

• Large backpacks

• Tents

• Coolers

• Any glass materials

• Unauthorized vending

• Large signs of any kind (posters, banners, etc.)

• Pets

The following items are allowed:

• Bottled water

• Baby food

• Non-perishable food drive items

• Diaper bags

• Strollers

Additionally, chairs are allowed until 6 p.m. when attendees will be asked to stow away their chairs in their vehicles or homes to prepare for the headliners.

Parking

Norman Music Fest recommends using a ridesharing service, such as Uber or Lyft, for transportation to the festival grounds to prevent drinking and driving, as well as to lessen traffic in the parking lots.

Additionally, nearby City of Norman parking lots, street parking and private lots selling parking will be available during the festival weekend. Nearby lots are available at 220 Gray St., 201 Comanche St. and 211 Eufaula St.

Norman Music Festival begins on April 25 and ends April 27, with performances from Beach Fossils, Black Milk and Skating Polly, among many more artists.

Alma Cienski is a modern dance performance and public relations junior and a culture reporter for The Daily.