Norman Music Fest announces Bird, Lime scooters banned from festival grounds

• 0
Bird Scooter (copy)

Bird Scooters on Campus Corner Aug. 22, 2018. 

Update 9:38 a.m. April 27:

Michelle Bui, festival spokesperson, said in an email that no vehicles are allowed within the footprint of the festival, including Bird and Lime scooters, because their motors classify them as vehicles.

In the email, Bui said the only exceptions are golf carts for festival security and electric wheelchairs.

Update 2:58 p.m. April 26:

The "footprint" of the festival begins at Santa Fe Ave. and Main street and ends at Porter Ave. and Main street, said a Norman Music Fest volunteer office representative.

Norman Music Fest organizers announced that motorized scooters are banned from festival grounds, April 26.

At 10:30 a.m. April 26, Norman Music Fest Twitter posted on Twitter that motorized scooters, such as Lime and Bird, are considered vehicles because of their motors, and are not allowed in the area of the festival.

According to the tweet, those who attempt to ride the motorized scooters on festival grounds will be asked to get off by Norman police officers and local security. 

This post will be updated as more information becomes available. 

Support the independent journalism OU needs

Then perhaps you’d like to help fund our endeavors. Around the world, communities are grappling with what journalism is worth and how to fund the civic good that robust news organizations can generate. We believe The OU Daily and Crimson Quarterly magazine provide real value to this community both now by covering OU, and tomorrow by helping launch the careers of media professionals.

If you’re able, please support us today for as little as $1. You can make a one-time donation or a recurring pledge.

Assistant culture editor

Abigail Hall is a journalism junior and assistant culture editor at The Daily. She previously worked as an arts & entertainment reporter.