Norman Music Fest: Annie Oakley releases upcoming tour line-up to include Norman performance April 26

• 0
Annie Oakley

Sophia and Grace Rabb of the Oklahoma City-based band Annie Oakley play their guitars together outside of Second Wind Coffee House on Campus Corner on March 23, 2017.

Annie Oakley released their upcoming tour line-up, ranging from April 19 to Sept. 22, across the Midwest and Northwestern regions. 

On April 15 the Oklahoma City-based Americana band updated its website with 2019 shows in Colorado, Wyoming, Missouri, Kansas, Texas and Oklahoma.

The band's tour expanding west collides with the Babb twins' plan to move to Colorado in July, Jo Babb said. 

"It’s terrifying and also exciting all at once," Babb said.

Babb said Nia Personette, band violinist, will stay in Oklahoma while she continues school, but the band has no plans to separate. 

"We’re all still gonna be in the band together coordinating around (Personette's) school schedule," Babb said. "We’ve been all in school doing it anyways, so we’re still gonna make it work." 

The tour begins with a show at 8 p.m. April 19 at The Blue Door in Oklahoma City, followed by their performance at Norman Music Fest at 9 p.m. April 26. 

After visiting five other states, the tour will conclude in Tulsa on Sept. 22 at Voxpop House Concert. 

Update: This story was updated at 4:55 p.m. April 27 to reflect the name change of Grace Babb to Jo Babb. 

Culture editor

Abigail Hall is a journalism senior and culture editor at The Daily. She previously worked as the culture assistant editor, and arts & entertainment reporter.