Norman Firehouse Art Center features in Discover Oklahoma, allowing people to experience local art

• 0
Firehouse Art Center

Firehouse Art Center pictured Sept. 13. The art center was featured in an episode of Discover Oklahoma.

Norman Firehouse Art Center was featured in an episode of Discover Oklahoma, allowing more people to learn about the center and its impact on the Norman community.  

Oklahoma Arts council tweeted about art center’s spotlight in the episode on Jan. 23:

Discover Oklahoma” is a weekly television show that showcases different businesses and locations across Oklahoma. Previous episodes have featured the OKC Rattlesnake Museum  and Collings Castle in Davis, OK.

Norman Firehouse Art Center is a non-profit organization that displays local artwork and offers various art classes. The center also has a gift shop were artists can sell their work.

The Norman Firehouse Art center is open from 9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday through Friday and 10 a.m. to 4 p.m on Saturday. The center is located at 444 S. Flood Ave., Norman.

Sam Tonkins is an English sophomore and a culture reporter for the OU Daily.