New AMC movie theater opens in Norman

• 1
Transcript AMC

A new AMC theater will open in Norman on Wednesday, Oct. 2 in the empty building of Robinson Crossing 6 theater, which closed two years ago. 

Norman's new AMC movie theater opens to the public Wednesday night.

The AMC Robinson Crossing 6 theater is located on Interstate Drive in Norman at the same location of the former Robinson Crossing 6 theater, which closed two years ago. 

In February, the Norman Transcript reported that AMC bought the theater with plans to open in the fall. 

The theater opens to the public at 6 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 2 with screenings beginning at 6:30 p.m. said Kevin Mandt, theater manager. 

The theater features heated and reclining seats, reserved seating, mobile tickets, a 21-and-up bar and discounted tickets on Tuesdays for AMC members, according to its website.

Once open, the theater will show "Abominable," "Downton Abbey," "Hustlers" and "Joker." 

Ticket prices are $8.45 for adults for a matinee show and $9.99 for an evening show, $6.99 for children ages 2-12 and $6.99 for seniors ages 60 and up. 

Correction: This story was corrected at 8:51 a.m. Oct. 3 to reflect that the theater was formerly an AMC theater in the '90s. 

Culture editor

Abigail Hall is a journalism senior and culture editor at The Daily. She previously worked as the culture assistant editor, and arts & entertainment reporter.