Kings of Leon to perform free concert at Scissortail Park grand opening

• 0
Kings of Leon (copy)

Caleb and Jared Followill, members of Kings of Leon, play at a concert at Hyde Park in London, England.

Kings of Leon, a rock band with multiple platinum-selling albums and four Grammy awards, will perform a free concert to celebrate the opening of Scissortail Park in Oklahoma City.

The band and Oklahoma City Mayor David Holt made the announcement in tweets Wednesday. The concert will be free for all ages, and will begin at 5 p.m. Friday, Sept. 27.

Scissortail Park will be a public recreation area, located at the corner of South Robinson Avenue and Oklahoma City Boulevard, near Chesapeake Energy Arena. According to the park's official website, it will cover 70 urban acres, and include attractions like a lake and boathouse, outdoor roller rink, children's playground and enclosed dog park.

According to the site, the landscaping will feature a "horticultural tapestry of native prairie grasses, lush flower gardens and tree-lined walkways."

The park's ribbon cutting and dedication will follow the concert, beginning at 6 p.m.