Fred Jones Jr. Museum of Art to host watercolor painting night, aims to help students relieve stress

• 0
Fred Jones Jr. Museum of Art (copy)

Fred Jones Jr. Museum of Art on Nov. 5, 2018. 

The Fred Jones Jr. Museum of Art will host a watercolor painting night to help students de-stress before dead week and finals April 18.

People can sit on the lawn of the museum and paint whatever they see. Watercolor paints and materials will be provided by the museum, said Zach Yarbrough, a student ambassador for the museum and physics freshman.

It’s ‘en plein air,’ which is a style of painting that’s very famous ... a lot of famous painters like to travel and take their easels and set up outside and paint what they saw,” Yarbrough said. “So, we’re literally going to hand out some watercolors and some materials to paint with and create with.”

Yarbrough said this is a recurring event for the museum, and they are preparing for a turnout of around 10 to 20 people.

It’s finally nice enough after that terrible, terrible winter season, and now it’s beautiful outside,” Yarbrough said. “Everything’s blooming, so we are really excited.”

The event will take place April 18 from 5-6:30 p.m. on the sculpture walk at the Fred Jones Jr. Museum of Art. Snacks and drinks will be provided.

Support the independent journalism OU needs

Then perhaps you’d like to help fund our endeavors. Around the world, communities are grappling with what journalism is worth and how to fund the civic good that robust news organizations can generate. We believe The OU Daily and Crimson Quarterly magazine provide real value to this community both now by covering OU, and tomorrow by helping launch the careers of media professionals.

If you’re able, please support us today for as little as $1. You can make a one-time donation or a recurring pledge.