Former OU students mentioned in 'Saturday Night Live's' 'Weekend Update' for racist video

• 0
OU on SNL

A screenshot of Michael Che during "Saturday Night Live's" "Weekend Update" Jan. 26. Che delivered a joke featuring the racist video at OU that was released last week on Twitter.

Michael Che delivered a joke on "Saturday Night Live" Jan. 26 that includes the racist video of an OU student in blackface.

Two students who created the video have since withdrawn from the university, OU President James Gallogly announced at a press conference Jan. 21. This served as the basis for Che's joke during the "Weekend Update."

"But what these kids need more than anything is more school, right?" Che said in the show. "I mean if you hurt somebody in jail, they don't send you home, they give you more jail."

The joke lasts about 30 seconds and is about 42 minutes into the show.

A few posted on Twitter about how they feel about OU's mention.

Other bits featured in the update include the Valentine's Day hard candy no longer being sold, the government shutdown ending and Chris Redd as the rapper Soulja Boy.

"SNL" will return Feb. 9, according to the NBC website.

Correction: The headline of this article was corrected at 11:49 a.m. Jan. 27 to properly reflect the two students mentioned are former OU students.