Fireworks, 4th of July festivities to take place in Norman, OKC area

• 0
July 4 Reeves Park (17/20) (copy)

A couple stands together, watching the fireworks show at Reaves Park on July 4, 2017.

If you need a place to take part in Fourth of July festivities, The Daily has a list of some venues where you can celebrate.

Norman: Reaves Park

Norman will host its 44th annual Fourth of July Celebration at Reaves Park on 2501 Jenkins Ave. Festivities will begin at 4 p.m. and include food trucks, a corn-hole tournament and live music. Fireworks will start around 9:45 p.m., according to a city press release.

Moore: Buck Thomas Park

Moore will host A Celebration in the Heartland at Buck Thomas Park, which is located on 1903 NE 12th St. Events will take place from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m., including all-day activities such as food trucks, vendors, craft breweries, and arts and crafts vendors, according to the site. Fireworks will begin around 9:45 p.m.

Oklahoma City: The Boathouse District

OKC 4th Fest will take place from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m., including RIVERSPORT Adventures activities. Fireworks will begin at 9:45 p.m., according to the event website. Fireworks will be visible from anywhere in the Boathouse District and surrounding areas, according to the event website.

Scott Kirker is a letters and Spanish senior and summer editor-in-chief of The Daily. Previously he worked as a news reporter covering research and administrative searches.