Chronic Palooza to raise awareness about medical marijuana, attempt to set Guinness World Record

• 0
Chronic Palooza

Chronic Palooza 2019 is an event for the people, by the people, giving a platform for Oklahoma’s medical marijuana community to learn, spread an awareness, and celebrate.

Oklahoma City’s Chronic Palooza will attempt to create a world record while raising awareness about the benefits of medical marijuana April 20.

Chronic Palooza is an event in Oklahoma City that provides an opportunity for people to meet with doctors and receive a medical marijuana recommendation. Chronic RX Solutions, an Oklahoma based medical marijuana company, will host the event.  

Over 15 doctors will be at Chronic Palooza to provide discount doctor visits to enable Oklahoma residents to receive a medical marijuana card, according to a press release.

The event will also have vendors, and performances from local bands and comedians, such as Felina & the Feels and Chief Peace.  

Carri Lawrence, founder of Chronic Palooza, said she wants medical marijuana to be accessible to everyone in need and hopes that people from across Oklahoma attend the event.

“I hoping that everyone can come in, even from the panhandle and all over the state and have a place where they can get their medical recommendation,” Lawrence said.

Lawrence said the event will attempt to set the Guinness World Record for the country’s largest medical marijuana patient drive.

“Our goal is create awareness and create a record too. We are hoping to put Oklahoma on the map,” Lawrence said.

Lawrence said Chronic Palooza is a way to educate people about the uses of medical marijuana and to correct misconceptions many have about it.

“I’m just trying to build awareness, maybe save lives and take away people’s pain,” Lawrence said.

Chronic Palooza will be from noon to 10 p.m. April 20 at the State Fair Park in Oklahoma City.

The event is free, but attendees must reserve tickets on Chronic Palooza's website.

Support the independent journalism OU needs

Then perhaps you’d like to help fund our endeavors. Around the world, communities are grappling with what journalism is worth and how to fund the civic good that robust news organizations can generate. We believe The OU Daily and Crimson Quarterly magazine provide real value to this community both now by covering OU, and tomorrow by helping launch the careers of media professionals.

If you’re able, please support us today for as little as $1. You can make a one-time donation or a recurring pledge.

Sam Tonkins is an English sophomore and a culture reporter for the OU Daily.