CAC Concert Series to host musician MAX, create campus community through music

• 0
MAX

The CAC Concert Series will bring MAX, rising pop artist, to campus for a free concert 7 p.m. April 23 in the Cross Courtyard lawn. 

CAC Concert Series will host the musician MAX to bring the OU community together through music April 23.

MAX is an American pop artist known for his single “Lights Down Low.” He has performed on Good Morning America and The Late Late Show with James Corden, according to his website.

In the past, the CAC Concert Series has brought musicians such as Flo Rida and Mike Posner to campus, according to its website.

Amelia Kinsinger, an advertising senior, is the CAC Concert Series chair. She said the concert series strives to build a sense of community on campus through concerts and events. 

“Music is such a fun way to have a good time and meet new people — just something good for everyone before the stress of finals kicks in,” Kinsinger said.

Kinsinger said the concert series sent out a poll earlier this semester where OU students could choose a musician from a list of potential performers, and MAX was chosen by the OU community.

Kinsinger also said the concert series is partnering with Cross Neighborhood to put on the concert, and several Cross Neighborhood restaurants will have food specials.

“It’ll be a really good event for people to come by, get dinner at Cross if they want to or just hang out and chill on the Cross courtyard lawn and listen to some good music,” Kinsinger said.

The concert will be held in the Cross Neighborhood courtyard, and doors will open at 6:30 p.m. April 23. An opener, which has yet to be announced, will perform at 7 p.m. and MAX will perform at 8 p.m.

The event is free and open to the public.