Bigfoot Creative to celebrate 10-year anniversary during 2nd Friday Art Walk

• 0
Bigfoot Creative 10 year celebration

Local graphic design shop Bigfoot Creative will celebrate 10 years of business in downtown Norman from 6 to 9 p.m. April 12 during 2nd Friday Art Walk at 315 E. Main St., Norman.

Local shop Bigfoot Creative will celebrate its 10-year anniversary in Norman during 2nd Friday Art Walk on April 12.

Bigfoot Creative, a local graphic design shop located on Main Street, will celebrate 10 years of business with food trucks, live music and art exhibits, and more from 6 to 9 p.m. April 12, during the 2nd Friday Art Walk, according to a press release. 

The celebration will feature local artist Helen Grant with a storytelling installation and prints for sale, music by DJ Sub (Mauro Dourado), and a live painting event, which will become a permanent installation in the shop's wall decor.

Additionally, food trucks from Whole Latte Pie and Midway Deli will be parked outside the shop, and local brewing company 405 Brewing Co. will sell its craft beer, according to the release.

Store owner Brad Webb said he is looking forward to engaging with the community as part of the Art Walk, as well as the shop's celebration. 

"We're hoping to see friends come back, (and) we're excited to see everyone show up in a big way," Webb said. 

Since 2009, the shop has sponsored Norman Music Fest, "printed for schools, churches, non-profits, bands, local artists, festivals, local businesses, family reunions, all over Oklahoma and beyond," according to the release. 

According to the release, customers who post a photo on Instagram or Facebook with #bigfootcreative10thanniversary will receive 10 percent off store items during the event. 

Bigfoot Creative's 10th anniversary celebration will be 6 to 9 p.m. April 12 at 315 E. Main St., Norman, and an after party at 10 p.m. at Opolis Prod.

"We're just excited to continue to get to add to the atmosphere of Art Walk and hopefully further that experience for people who are getting to come (out)," Webb said. 

Culture editor

Abigail Hall is a journalism senior and culture editor at The Daily. She previously worked as the culture assistant editor, and arts & entertainment reporter.