Big names to take stage at The Criterion in OKC this spring

• 0
Lil Baby Tour

Lil Baby will perform March 27 at The Criterion in Oklahoma City.

Several big name bands will perform this spring in Oklahoma City at The Criterion.

In case you missed it, here's a round-up of upcoming shows:

1. Lil Baby:

Lil Baby is an American rapper from Atlanta who is known for his songs “Yes Indeed” and “Drip Too Hard.”

His Oklahoma City performance is one of the stops on the rapper’s “The New Generation” tour, which begins March 13 and also includes shows in Houston, Dallas and Kansas City, according to a press release.

Doors open at 7 p.m., and the show begins at 8 p.m.

Tickets went on sale at 10 a.m. Feb. 1 and can be purchased from the venue’s website. Advanced tickets are $40, and tickets are $45 at the door.

2. Vampire Weekend:

Vampire Weekend released dates for its longest tour ever, the band's first tour in four years, to perform its upcoming album “Father of the Bride.” They will perform Aug. 16 at the Criterion in Oklahoma City and Aug. 18 at The Pavilion at Toyota Music Factory in Dallas.

Running May 17 through Oct. 8, the "Father of the Bride" tour will stop in Oklahoma City and Dallas in addition to several music festivals, including Austin City Limits.

“Father of the Bride” is the band’s first album in six years since “Modern Vampires of the City,” which received the Grammy for “Best Alternative Music Album” in 2014. The band's self-titled debut album, which received much praise after its release in 2008, was recently certified platinum in the U.S. 

Tickets go on sale to the general public beginning noon, Feb. 8. Fans who registered for the Verified Fan Presale have access to the presale, which opened at noon Feb. 5 and will end at 10 a.m. Feb. 7. All U.S. residents who purchase tickets online will also receive a CD copy of the upcoming album.

3. Bon Iver:

American indie folk band Bon Iver will perform at The Criterion in Oklahoma City April 3.

The band announced its American tour dates Jan. 29. Tickets for the general public went on sale Feb. 1.

Before coming to OKC, the band will play in Memphis, Tennessee, at the Orpheum Theatre April 3 and will play at Stifel Theater in St. Louis, Missouri, April 6 after.

Tickets will be available for purchase on the band’s website.