A list of brain-training apps to boost your intellectual flex

• 0
Luminosity

Luminosity is an app and website that includes games to exercise brain functions.

College can be stressful. It’s important to keep your brain healthy outside of memorizing, studying and calculating for class. Here are our top five apps we recommend to help train your brain or learn something new just for fun.

1. Vocabulary Builder by Magoosh

Apple app store rating: 4.7/5

Google Play store rating: 4.4/5

Vocabulary Builder helps you expand your vocabulary through a matching game to help you learn over 1,200 words by giving definitions and examples. Maybe now you can finally stop saying “really” in every other sentence.

2. Lumosity: Daily Brain Games

Apple app store rating: 4.6/5

Google Play store rating: 4.2/5

This app uses over 40 games to exercise your memory, math skills and logic. We can’t guarantee that it will help you start remembering what you did with your keys, but who knows? Anything can happen.

3. Craftsy

Apple app store rating: 4.5/5

Google Play store rating: 4.2/5

Craftsy is your own personal Pinterest tutor! It offers a variety of online classes to learn how to master craft skills like cake decorating, woodworking and more. Haven’t you always wanted to learn how to knit a scarf?

4. Yousician

Apple app store rating: 4.4/5

Google Play store rating: 4.5/5

Instead of hiring a music teacher to help you pick up a new instrument, Yousican is an online music tutor that teaches users to play guitar, bass, ukulele and piano. It can also help you learn how to sing! Now your shower concerts won’t be quite as bad.

5. TED

Apple app store rating: 4.4/5

Google Play store rating: 4.6/5

Instead of heading to a TEDx conference, you can watch talks from experts on your phone. There are over 3,000 TED Talk videos you can search for based on topic or mood. Watch “The secrets of spider venom” today and listen to experts talk about animals and their feelings tomorrow.